Sunday, June 28, 2015

Introduction - Hello!

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog! For those of you who do not know me, my name is Mariya Ilyas. I'm a proud Muslim-Pakistani-American and a very proud Bowdoin College alumna. I love meeting people, traveling to new places, and discussing international affairs with anyone who is willing to entertain a conversation about current events.

The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences of being in Turkey on a Fulbright Scholarship. I will do my best to update this blog as often as possible, but no promises. I know that some experiences are meant to just be experienced in the moment, some are not worth sharing, and some are entirely personal. For this reason, I hope to give you a glimpse, not a memoir, of my time in Turkey.

I hope you enjoy reading this, and I look forward to your comments and feedback.

1 comment: