Monday, July 20, 2015

Last Week at Work

This morning, I snoozed my alarm three times. I was avoiding waking up not because it was Monday, but because this is my last week at Liberty Mutual, and I must admit, I feel sad. I have six days left in Boston, and my routine as I know it (wake up at 6:30am, get ready and out of the house by 7:45am, skip breakfast, catch the 8am T for a 45-minute commute to Arlington, get into work around 9am) will soon cease to exist. There is comfort in routines that become a part of our daily lives, and I am sad that this routine will soon become scribbles in my journal.

When I took this job in December 2012, I wasn't quite sure how insurance fit in with my goals of a career in public service or international affairs. However, I knew I wanted to try something new and different, something that would push me out of my comfort zones and develop me as a young professional. Liberty has done all of that, and more. It's given me a new skill set, a unique experience to draw from, a network of incredible people (some of whom I can see myself keeping in touch with for years to me), and most importantly, a new perspective for problem-solving. 

What I will miss the most about Liberty Mutual is the people I work with. They are a talented and dedicated group, and I feel very fortunate to have managers and colleagues who have challenged me, made me laugh, and allowed me to be myself around them. I'll also miss the free Hazelnut coffee every morning, and the Microsoft Lync emojis that always made the day go by faster when chatting with colleagues. I honestly could not have asked for a better first job out of college. #blessed


I will miss the Lync chat emojis -- and of course, the people at Liberty Mutual.


No comments:

Post a Comment