Friday, October 16, 2015

"Gül döktüm yollarına" by Tarkan

One of our graduate students, Omer, Introduced me to a song whose tune has been stuck in my head all week. The song was written and sung by Tarkan Tevetoğlu, a World Music Award-winning Turkish pop singer. The chorus of the song is my favorite part. I thought I would share it with you, so that you, too, can enjoy this beautiful song.

I like learning new languages ​​because they reveal so much about a society's history, culture, and value system. Songs are one of the most powerful forms of art that give audiences insight into a specific culture. For centuries, singers have used music as an avenue to not only express themselves and inspire millions of people, but also to capture the zeitgeist of time they are in. 

I hope you like the song!

Link to YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g36smj4s8sı&list=rdg36smj4s8s the 

Gül Döktüm Yollarına (Turkish)

Gözlerinden okunuyor
Beni seviyorsun
Sözlerin seni ele veriyor
Sen de istiyorsun
Eninde sonunda benim olacaksın
Hadi naz yapma
Sevgiyi, aşkı bende bulacaksın
Yabana atma
Bıktırma, usandırma
Yeter beni kızdırma
Gel artık kollarıma

Chorus:

Gel gündüzle gece olalalım
Gel gökyüzünde yıldız olalım
Seninle mutlu yarınlara koşalım
Gel beraber mesut olalım

Geçmiyor ki sensiz geceler
Rüyalar yetmiyor
İsyan ediyor içimde sevgiler
Sabrım tükeniyor

I left roses on your way (English translation)

I can see it from your eyes
you love me
in your eyes telling it
you want it too
you will be
mine, pls no coquerty
you will find love and peace in me
do not give off
Door not make me tired, bored
enough, do not make me angry
come to my arms anymore
I left roses on the way you come

Chorus:
come and let us be day'n night
come and let us be the stars in the
sky, let's run together to the happy tomorrows
come and we'll be happy

nights you are not passing without
dreams are not enough
and the love in me is getting crazy
and my Patience is going down

No comments:

Post a Comment